This is the demo website for the GD Rating System Pro plugin for WordPress. The plugin is developed by Dev4Press, and a license for the Pro version is available to purchase on the official plugin homepage. With the Pro license, you get access to several extra free addons and graphics packs, and you can also purchase premium addons to get more complex features: multi ratings, user reviews…
To get the plugin and all the addons available, you have the option of getting the Rating Plugin Club Membership license.
About the Demo
This demo shows the simple rating thumbs integration for posts and comments upvoting and downvoting. It includes various customization showing some of the things that can be done to customize the ratings.
Rating plugin and addons used
This demo uses only the GD Rating System Pro plugin and no addons are needed.
This demo uses the GeneratePress theme (with Pro license). The demo website runs on the child theme for GeneratePress because it makes it easier to later expand things with additional code or templates, and in general, using a child theme is better in the long run.
This demo uses only the Thumbs Rating method to implement a simple vote based ordered list of products (it can be anything really) and Thumbs Rating for rating comments (comments are also listed by rating). The website uses rating rules to setup thumbs differently for products and comments (different theme, styling), built-in the ordering of products by thumbs, and all other rating methods are disabled.
Demo website setup
This demo uses an additional plugin with some of the customization, child theme and it also relies on the GD Content Tools Pro plugin to add a new post type used for the purpose of this demo.
This demo has a plugin behind the scene to implement various custom things:
- Custom-built font with only two icons to use for arrows. Includes font with styling and font registration class.
- Three thumbs styling themes (one for products, one for comments, and one for use in the widgets). Themes are similar, but the theme of the comments is displayed as horizontal. Themes styling is in the file with the font styling.
- Custom made render class for thumbs that are extended from the default class to change how the thumbs block is rendered. This way, we can completely change all sorts of things. And, in this case, rendering is changed to include an overall rating between thumbs and a few more minor changes. Both methods for font and image rendering are changed.
- The custom template is added with minimal content (thumbs block only), but with the instance of the new render object, we created previously.
Demo plugin on GitHub
The demo plugin is available on GitHub.
Demo Child Theme
The child theme contains some changes related to this demo:
- New archive and single templates for the product post type, loading custom content files (one file for archive, and other for a single with slightly different layout).
- Manual integration of rating blocks into the content templates.
- The comment template is modified to include the ordering of the comments by rating.
Demo child theme on GitHub
The child theme is available on GitHub.
To learn more about GD Rating System Pro and addons for it, check out the plugin and addons dedicated pages and knowledge base for more information.